Monday 27 October 2014

I am breaking up with Abuja tailors!

Hiya everyone! How did your weekend go? Mine was great! My darling cousin is in town and I spent a lot of time with her. She is always fun to be with! 

So, about today's topic, I have decided to pack all the materials (ankara mostly) I have and send home for my local tailor to sew for me. My brother laughed and called me a cheap skate. Do I care? NOPE!!!! You know why I am doing that? Because I have decided that Abuja tailors will not force me into bankruptcy!
Imagine buying  material for N5,000 or less and you sew for N15,000. Is there any wisdom in that biko? I have thought about this long and hard and I believe my decision was borne out of wisdom. Can I back that up? I am sure I can. See, I am from the North and those tailors there are quite creative so I wont worry about looking for styles to give them. Secondly and most importantly, they are CHEAP!! 

The last time I went home, I had to sew ashoebi for a wedding the next day and my mother called her tailor around 5pm. So, express service right? I began to calculate how much I would pay for it and I was grumbling about how I am not even close to the bride and my mother is trying to finish my money for express sewing....well, the guy came and charged N2,500 for express!

Hold up! N2,500?  I will be wearing rubbish to that wedding I thought to myself. Well, guess what? I was wrong. He brought my dress early the next morning and it was beautiful! He even added some serenseren on it oh! I ended up giving him more than he asked for. I was too happy I did not have to break bank for that.

So you see why it is wiser for me to send them to the local tailor right? Last time I made blouse and wrapper here in Abuja, the tailor charged N8,500. I almost had a mini stroke. I asked if it is just the blouse that cost that much because I believe I  could have easily hemmed the remaining material myself to get my wrapper oh. I let that pass and looked for another tailor who charged N8,000 for skirt and blouse and I thought that one would be better but I was soo disappointed that I have not gone back to get the last pair. None of those I collected even had any extra serenseren on them. Another tailor messed my beautiful wrapper up and still took my money. 

So you see why I have given up on Abuja tailors and why I am forced to break up with them? I will send those stuff home and patiently wait for the best results at the cheapest rate and not care that my brother thinks I am a cheapskate. 

Have yourselves a lovely week ahead.
xxo


15 comments:

  1. Wait, I had to clean my eyes..15 what??? That's way too expensive! Infact I don't like abuja for anything. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish oh!
    You perfectly okay yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. vira! vira! hear yourself nah.....**opens eyes**.....ABUJA TAILORS......girl those people want to make real cash out of you...lolzzzz.....i can imagine how you will react when one yeye lagos bus tear one of those cloths....hehehehehe

    MOMENT WITH ZOE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Lagos bus wan buy troublem be that. My eyes are open now....

      Delete
  3. Looooooooool!!!!! I hope u don't have abuja tailor that follow ur blog! Hian! I know what u mean sha. Like Russel peter will say "mustBeSomeKinnaCrazy" hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there are any here, they should please accept the break up and move on. It is not them, it is me. I am cheap.

      Delete
  4. It's like I'll go to abj and open my tailoring shop to make fast cash oh... Anyway sorry oh Vira

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better still think Jos tailors😁 We are closer (proximity) and we are way cheaper,did I mention,we are very creative?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahahahahahahah No be small serenseren ooo... I love you Vira aswear.. Okay ( i got a tad carried away) I love your Blog. Ssssoooo You are from the North yeah? **Whispers thats another reason to lof you oh.. hehehehehe did you say Abuja guys charge 15k per sew. In Ernies Voice goddamnbullshit.. thats kerosinely crazy ooo, i would rather wrap myself in the material, than dash my fellow human 15 k just like that. lmao.

    P.S: So i saw your Proposal (sorry for the break in transmission, had to call my Baby :p) on my blog about disclosing yourself on my Birthday, now I am so agreeing oh! So whats the plan! Trust me, i fear you not, so i am ready to even travel to Abuja via night bus if that be your term. I am so game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duruuuuuu!!!! I love you plenty too oh! Thank you for loving my blog so oh...
      lol @ wrapping yourself up.
      We shall discuss my proposal later ehn?

      Delete
  7. It's like I have to open a tailoring shop at Abj to make fast cash oh.... Sorry eh Vira and wise decision

    ReplyDelete
  8. Viraaaaa!
    I have a better idea.
    Hmmmm! Why don't me and you open a tailoring shop in Abuja and charge 12k (just to be nice we won't make it 15k) then we send the materials to the tailors at home and make good profit.
    Genius right! We can get a taperule and scissors and pretend to know what we are doing.
    What say you? Hehe.
    How are u doing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. For daily news update,sports,,entertainment gists,love and relationship tips pls kindly visit
    www.chiwestnewsblog.com

    ReplyDelete